Job Description Number: DBE-0515-01 ACTIVE
APPEREON is seeking a Database Engineer to provide Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Supports the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval data flow and analysis activities
- Supports the development of long and short term requirements for database administration and design
- Supports the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts
- Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating adhoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, create new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Assists in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Assists in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Develops requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Five (5) years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional database engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.